Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bon voyage

With all the hubbub of planning my itinerary and ordering Australian dollars and finding money belts and electric converters to take along with me, Friday night it was finally time to relax with good friends and soak up good vibes for the trip.

Steph and Carolyn coordinated the gathering at Steph's and we all shared some good laughs together.  I gave a short rundown of my possible path across Australia and New Zealand, and I tried to answer the myriad questions that arose. Though having done a lot of reading over the last few months, I still feel there are many details that will just fall into place along the way.

Then the beautiful cake with the Australian flag on it was brought out and we ate up as much as we could. It felt good to be surrounded by friends and know that as my journey unfolds I've got great people to come home to in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment